1.28.2011

ice

This is what happens when I decide that I'm going to run regardless of the mercury:



The truth is that the -34F was only partially to blame for the ice. The largest contributing factor is that we ran the first half of the Eldarado trail and all my extra huffing and puffing up the hills added significantly to the ice shell. The best news from this run is that we did over fifteen miles, seven of which had some decent rolling hills. The bunny boots, as predicted, kept me toasty all the way out and all the way back. But just for the record, they are rather lacking in traction when crossing bare ice.

1 comment:

Claire said...

It's in the 90's here already. It's hard to imagine where you are, but I loved watching the video. Crazy, crazy stuff.
Oh, and beautiful and empty and WHITE!! wow.