10.20.2014

Two years later ...

I am spending the fall in Fairbanks, and spending several days a week at Jodi Bailey & Dan Kaduce's Dew Claw Kennel. Although I've had a chance to attend a couple of lower-48-style mid-distance races in Minnesota over the last two years, I've missed Alaska and her unique mushing subculture badly. Although I can't put together my own team for just a few months - and there won't be enough snow for sleds for most of the time I'm there anyway - Jodi has been generous enough to let me moon around her kennel & dogs, getting my fix and learning about the inner workings of an Iditarod team deep in fall training for the big race in March.

So I'm opening up this blog again for the fall to keep track of the lessons learned and stories gleaned from a few months back up north. In the mean time, I'm writing again over at my old blog Entelechy about everything else is going on during my brief return to the north country on the ground and in my snow-addled brain.

No comments: