12.24.2010

christmas on the couch

Whatever illness Peter and I have been fighting had made its way to the Laughing Husky sled shop, as well. A few hours after I dropped the sled off, David Klumb headed for bed and my sled was left to thaw alone in the shop for the weekend. We have all recovered, but the sled repairs were put off and I picked it up yesterday afternoon. The new drag mat looks awesome, and I have a brand-new bridle (the connection between the dog lines and the sled) that I have been assured will fix the tracking problems that have had me fighting to stay on the trail (and sometimes face-planting into trees) up to this point.

Unfortunately, with all the rush of last minute shopping, post office lines, parties & Christmas Eve in general, the sled is still sitting pretty in the driveway. I am headed back to work for Christmas day, and am certain the sled dogs will spend most of the holiday on the couch here. The temperature has been steadily rising today, and is sitting at -20 for the first time in nearly three weeks. I hope it holds. Regardless, we will be hitting the trails on Sunday. We've all had about enough couch time for one winter.

No comments: